A1 CODE ACADEMY
(UPDATED: 19th January 2020)
Information we collect from you
We collect the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the a1codeacademy.com website (“Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering an account, subscribing to our newsletter, conversing on our live chat feature, scheduling in-person consultation and visit, or requesting further information or services.
- Account and profile information you provide include, but not limited to, your full name, email, mobile number, home address, child’s full name, school, date of birth, gender, course interest, and billing information which we don’t keep a record.
- Information you provide through our support channels, such as our email inbox and our support hotline, such information include any contact information, documentation, or screenshots.
- Information you provide when we ask you to complete surveys for research purpose, and you do not have to respond to them.
- Information of your visits and uses to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, page views, length of visits to certain pages, location data through IP address, page interaction data, and other communication data.
Information we collect from other sources
We also contain personal data from other sources, third party data providers, and/or public sources, such as social network, company websites, and other online sources.
We do not collect sensitive data or special category data from you. This includes race, ethnic origin, politics etc.
Uses made of your information
When you’re using our services as our customer, we use your data to perform our contract with our customer as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
We use your personal data in the following ways:
- To ensure the content from our website is presented in the most effective way for you through your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you contact us for which we feel may interest you.
- To provide direct marketing materials or publish your information or your child’s information as part of brochures, leaflets, testimonials or customer stories upon receiving your consent to do so.
- To carry out our obligations as an education provider from any contracts or registration entered into between you and A1 Code Academy.
- To allow you to register your child to A1 Code Academy.services.
- To allow you to view enrollment history of your child.
- To notify you about changes to our terms of services and to provide you with relevant information.
You have the right to withdraw your consent any time by going to Your Profile. Do note that this will not affect any use of your information that has already taken place.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We share information with third parties that help us operate and provide our products and services to our customers, such as third party providers that provide payment processing services, or customer relationship management software etc. These providers have access to your personal information only for the purpose of performing their services and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
We do not share your personal information with any company outside our group for marketing purposes, unless you have specified your consent to do so.
In the following events, we may disclose your personal information:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
- If our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- If we are under a duty to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce our terms and conditions;
- If we have to protect the rights, property, or safety of A1 Code Academy Limited, the website, our customers, and any third party.
How we store your personal data
We care about your personal data and we ensure that all personal data is kept secure to prevent data being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your personal data to those on a strictly need-to-know basis. Those who process your data, such as our Customer Success Officers, will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Do note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorized access.
You can keep your personal data up to date by updating them on our website, or by contacting our team.
We retain personal data for so long as it is reasonably necessary to fulfill our obligations to our customers. After such time, we will delete, anonymize, or isolate your information from further use. If you wish to delete your personal information from us, you may submit a written request to us.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights:
- Access to your own personal data and other supplementary information
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Request the erasure of your personal information in certain situations
- Receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format, and request that we transfer such information to a third party in certain situations
- Object to or restrict the processing of personal data for direct marketing
- Withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal data
You may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by updating your preferences on our website, or by contacting us. Do note that even if you opt out from receiving marketing materials from us, if you’re an existing customer of our services, you’ll continue to receive information that are necessary for the use of our services.
The above rights will normally be addressed free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable administration fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact us and let us have enough information to identify you.
We will occasionally update this privacy statement. We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this statement at any time. If we materially change our use of your personal information, we will announce such a change on our websites and through emails, and will also note it in this privacy statement. The effective date of this privacy statement is documented at the beginning of the statement.
Please contact us at general@email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority in the country where you live or work or where you feel your rights have been infringed.