Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
A1 CODE ACADEMY
(Updated 19th January 2020)
By enrolling into programs offered through A1 Code Academy Limited and any of its related companies or subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “A1 Code”), the customer acknowledges and agrees to our Terms and Conditions as specified below:
- Enrolment in A1 Code courses may be subject to pre-course assessment to determine student's suitability to enroll in lessons.
- A1 Code reserves the right to refuse the admission of any student who, in its opinion, does not meet the minimum requirement for courses and/or may impact the learning of other students' at the center.
- A1 Code reserves the right to discontinue a student's enrolment at any time due to non-payment of tuition in part or in full, disruptive behaviour in class or at the center, or negative impact on other students' learning.
- Confirmation of the student's specific class placement/enrolment is only confirmed once the student has completed registration on our online system.
- A1 Code reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a student’s enrollment at any time due to the class size of less than a minimum of 3 students per class.
- A1 Code reserves the right to change the class instructor for courses or individual private lessons as deemed appropriate or necessary. A1 Code is not required to provide prior notice for such arrangements.
- Requests to switch courses or skip course levels will be subject to A1 Code’s assessment and course availability.
- Students must settle all course fees 2 weeks before course commencement (date of first lesson). A1 Code reserves the right to withdraw or preclude the student from attending class if student had not settled the course fee.
- All tuition fees are calculated according to the published rates in the current brochure and website or the latest published amendment, if any.
- Tuition encompasses a package of a certain number of class/hour as indicated on A1 Code webpage (www.a1codeacademy.com). Therefore, no pro rata payment will be accepted.
- Tuition must be paid online at the time of registration. Cheques or bank transfer are only accepted if a A1 Code representative confirms registration and provides the bank account number.
- Tuitions are non-refundable once the student's placement has been confirmed.
Withdrawals, Refunds, Cancellations, and Make-up Class
- We do not provide refunds of course fees, except in the event that the student’s application for enrolment is not accepted, course applied is cancelled, or class withdrawals.
- In the event that A1 Code offers a revised arrangement for cancelled courses, students have the right to decline the arrangements offered and choose to receive a refund on a pro-rata basis of the course fee collected as soon as possible and in any event no later than one month after the notification date of the course cancellation.
- We will inform the parent/student of refund arrangements either by phone or in writing (e-mail).
- Customers must fill in their refund details provided by A1 Code by email. No refunds can be made without the necessary details containing all indicated information.
- We will issue a refund receipt to the parent/student and parent/student are required to sign to acknowledge receipt of the refunded payment.
- A1 Code reserves the right to change the price and offer promotions at any time to respond to market. No refund for any promotion codes missed. Also, Promotion codes cannot be used in conjunction with each other.
- Refunds for credit card payment will be issued back to the credit card. For other forms of payment such as cash or cheque, a cheque will be the form of the refund. For credit card payment that requests a cheque refund, a 5% service fee will be deducted.
- For classes cancelled due to unexpected public health warnings, i.e. swine flu, A1 Code will try to accommodate the majority with makeup classes but with no guarantee.
- Parents should pay attention to the news and weather reports and exercise discretion in deciding whether or not to send their children to class.
- For regular term classes cancelled due to severe weather conditions, A1 Code will try to accommodate with make up lessons with no guarantee.
Withdrawals or Rebooking
- Proper notice must be given for course withdrawal. Notice should be given three weeks or more prior to the start of the course. All withdrawals will be charged SGD$30 for administration. A1 Code holds all rights in refunds, reschedules, and cancellations.
- Any change of course location, course type, or start date after initial enrolment will result in a rebooking fee of SGD$50. A1 Code will hold all rights in refunds, reschedules, and cancellations.
Make-up Class Arrangements
- Students may join another class of their same level if the class is not full (of 15 students) and if the two classes have the same curriculum progression.
- Students may arrange for private classes subject to availability and additional costs, via Class Pass Hours
Class Pass Hours
- Class Pass Hours are only for weekend access during office opening hours and are not entitled to join on-going workshops / classes being held at campus, meaning A1 Code’s weekly program. In the event of dispute, A1 Code Academy holds the rights to the final decision.
- All Class Pass quota needs to be taken during the same term the class is missed and cannot be carried forward to another term. Outstanding quota is forfeited after the last day of the term.
- It is the parent's responsibility to inform A1 Code (by registering on a1codeacademy.com) before the start of the class in the event of absence.
- Walk-in to Class Pass is not accepted.
- A1 Code does not accommodate rescheduling or Class Pass request for notifications given less than 24 hours prior to the lesson or after lesson.
- Class Pass Hours refer to private sessions or self-guided sessions where students are given a lessons and tutorials they can explore on their own with the guidance of one instructor on campus. Experienced instructors are on site to facilitate and tutor if students have any question. The whole period last for 90 minutes.
- Class Pass accessibility are subject to limited seats on a first-come first-serve basis. If the session is full, students can join next week’s session.
- Students using Class Pass due to missed lessons will have to pay additional fees for private classes via Class Pass.
A1 Code reserves the right to make any changes to the program including curriculum, class size, class time, number of classes. This may be to the customer’s advantage or disadvantage.
Regular Term Courses
- Course curriculum may or may not include a guest speaker who will give a sharing during class time
- For withdrawals, cancellations, refunds, and make-up class, please refer to the appropriate section above.
Holiday Camps, Regular Classes, Workshops, Events, etc:
- A1 Code does not offer any make-up classes or refunds for missed classes for holiday camps, regular classes, or workshops.
- In the event of instructor absence, A1 Code will notify the student of any class rescheduling.
- All Semi-private and private lessons must be paid 2 weeks beforehand in order for us to accommodate your private scheduling.
- Missed lesson(s) by the student are non-refundable and non-transferable. It is the parent's responsibility to contact A1 Code team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule lessons and notify A1 Code of any rescheduling.
- In the event of tutor absence, the tutor will notify parent/student of lesson rescheduling or A1 Code will notify parent/student as soon as A1 Code is notified by the tutor. Other than rescheduling lesson due to illness, the tutor will provide 48 hours' notice or will reschedule lesson. If lesson cannot be rescheduled, the missed lesson will not be charged.
- Parents and guardians are solely responsible for the safety of the students before and after class.
- In case of serious accidents when immediate medical care is required, children will be sent to the nearest hospital. By accepting A1 Code’s terms and conditions, you have given us your consent for us to do so.
Photography and Film Material
- By accepting A1 Code’s terms and conditions, the participant accepts that A1 Code freely can use all photography, film and sound material that has been created by A1 Code and/or A1 Code’s staff during the program, without asking further approval from the participant. A1 Code reserves all rights to images and footages.
- A1 Code reserves the right to use the applicant/student's work for promotional or educational purposes.
- However, A1 Code restricts parents, strangers, anyone who does not belong to the A1 Code team to take photography or videography of any kind of our students and classes / workshops / camps / events conducted. We reserve the right to claim and remove any material recorded by non-A1 Code team members.
- The consent regarding photography and film material may be withdrawn at anytime with prior written notice to A1 Code.
- If you do not wish for your child(ren) to be in marketing/editorial material, please write to us at email@example.com
Liability and Force Majeure
A1 Code will not be liable in cases where A1 Code is unable to fulfill any services to which they are contractually bound because of fire, natural disaster, act of government, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or other reasons that are beyond A1 Code’s control. A1 Code will not be liable for loss, damage, or injury to persons or property howsoever caused, save where the liability is expressly imposed beyond exclusion by statute. These conditions do not affect your rights as defined by the consumer protection laws in your host country.
Your personal data will be processed by A1 Code both within and outside Singapore, primarily for the purpose of completing your booking, providing you with the products and services that you have booked. We may also inform you of new offers, products and services which may be of interest to you (including by e-mail and SMS), and you may cancel such information at any time. A1 Code processes your personal data in compliance with applicable data protection legislation. If you have questions about A1 Code’s processing of your personal data, would like to have a copy of the information A1 Code holds about you, or have inaccurate personal data rectified or erased, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parents/students agree not to reproduce, distribute or show to any other person, in whole or in part, any of the class materials, lesson notes, assessments and tests distributed by A1 Code without the prior written consent of A1 Code.
- Parents/students are not permitted to solicit or make private arrangements for tuition with instructors/tutors employed by A1 Code.
- Parents are responsible to arrange appropriate transportation or pick-up for students to and from A1 Code premises. A1 Code does not require students to sign-out or notify us when they are leaving the premises.